What are granite countertops?
Countertops are the horizontal surfaces found in the kitchens and other food preparation areas, which are supported by the cabinets or small pillar-like structures and aid in keeping all of the necessary culinary items over the same. The height of the countertop is kept as per the ergonomic convenience of the user and ensures the easy accessibility by them. These are available in different materials, shapes, designs, and aesthetics, such that the tastes and choices of a wide range of audience can be satisfied. The article elucidates in detail on the same and also mentions how to select the best granite countertops amongst the different available choices.
The common materials used
The following are the most common materials used commercially in fabricating the best countertops for the kitchens and other commercial cooking spots: –
- Granite, which is the most popular choice owing to its durability and ability to take over any aesthetic shape easily. It is available based on different shades of the stone and can be procured on the basis of the square feet required by the customer.
- Quartz, known widely as the engineered stone and widely used for its non-porous nature that renders the scratch-proof and stain-proof characteristics to the same. It does not require much maintenance and annual sealing like the other materials used.
- Soapstone, used for its silky texture and dark hues making it a cheap alternative to the granite countertops. It is known for its hardness and resistance to stain that can ensure its long-lasting nature in the kitchens.
- Marble, which is an expensive alternative over all of the other materials used and hence has a limited area of coverage of the customers.
- Ceramics, which is the modern day choice for a majority of households, owing to the cheapness in price and easy to clean and maintain. Recent innovations in the material have also paved way to offer wide varieties in the designs and aesthetics for the countertops.
- Hardwood ones, made of maple and oak that render warm look and hardness to the structures.
How to select the best?
Out of a large number of choices available for the contractors in the market, the best can be selected on the basis of the following factors: –
- Good pricing of the products, with better chances of earning good seasonal discounts that can make the products even more accessible by the customers
- Use of eco-friendly and cost-effective materials that would be safe to use and pose no harm to the customers using the same
- Availability in the required choice of design and aesthetics that can match the tastes of the customers easily
- Having a wide range of service coverage
- Maintaining timely delivery and good customer care to cater to the queries within the specified deadlines
- Having good star ratings and recommendations from the past customers, to determine the authenticity and quality of the product
Hence, in a nutshell, it can be concluded of how important it is to have the best and ideal … Read More